Why Should I Move into Senior Living Now When I’m Younger?
It’s common to wonder when to move into senior living and to assume that doing it at a younger age is, well, too young! Far too many people imagine an independent living community as a place where people sit in rocking chairs and watch the world go by––but that image couldn’t be further from the truth. Today’s independent living communities are filled with active, vibrant seniors who move there to enjoy their best life in every way possible. In fact, seniors who’ve made the leap to senior living will tell you they wished they’d done it even sooner.
Knowing when to move into senior living may seem like a complicated decision, but take a look at these 7 key reasons. It will become very clear why the time to move is now:
- Lock-and- leave convenience. Go where you want to go and when. Have a car or use the free shuttle. Take a vacation, visit the kids––or have the kids visit you. The topSome independent living communities typically have rental unitsoffer guest suites where familiesy members can stay for short visits.
- Easy ways to stay active &and social. Whatever you like to do for fun and to stay active, the best senior living communities like Crestwood Manor definitely have it on the activities schedule! Residents enjoy fitness classes, art, social events, gardening, lectures, road trips, and so much more.
- Resort-style amenities. No need to hop on a plane to enjoy an array of leisure pursuits, park-like surroundings, spa and fitness services, and chef-prepared dining. In today’s independent living communities like Crestwood Manor, vacation-level amenities are all waiting for you right outside your apartment door.
- Predictable living costs. As a resident of a CCRC, your monthly service fee covers your residence and most utilities, plus all the services and amenities, including healthcare services, that are provided to residents in a Life Plan Community like Crestwood Manor. With one monthly check, you’ll enjoy predictable payments to simplify managing your expenses.
- Maintenance-free lifestyle. The monthly fee at many independent living communities includes weekly maid service, home maintenance, and concierge-style assistance to make life a breeze. This benefit alone answers the question of when to move into senior living for plenty of older adults!
- Comfortably appointed apartments. Residents of Crestwood Manor choose from a variety of independent living floor plans designed with all the comforts and features you want in your home, including walk-in closets, plenty of storage space, and beautiful views from every room (and your screened-in porch!) of our park-like setting.
- Healthcare for every health stage. Certain senior living communities are set up as continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs), sometimesalso known as Life Plan Communities, like Crestwood Manor in Whiting, New Jersey. CCRCs offer various living options, including assisted living, skilled nursing care, and healthcare services so residents can transition seamlessly from one level of care to the next should their needs change.
There’s No Better Time to Live Your Best Life.
There are no hard and fast rules that tell you when to move into senior living. But one thing is for sure: The longer you put it off, the more fun and great experiences you might miss. We’d love to arrange a visit for you to Crestwood Manor. Let us know if you’re interested in seeing all the reasons why it’s smarter to move sooner and enjoy all the amenities our Life Plan Community has to offer!