Staging Your Home
Planning for the Future | 11/27/19
Once you make the decision to move to a senior living community, it’s time to consider steps to selling your current house. Selling a house isn’t necessarily an easy process – but there are tips and tricks along the way that can alleviate some of the stress. At Crestwood Manor, we’ve compiled a list of some of our recommendations to staging your home to get it off the market faster.
Tips to Staging Your Home for a Quick Sale
- Boost Your Curb Appeal: Since the first thing people will see when visiting your house is the outside, it’s important to make a great initial impression. A few things you can do to draw potential buyers in is to clean your gutters, add greenery and fresh flowers, add front door décor and mow your lawn.
- Clear Your Clutter: To begin the downsizing process, the first step is to remove clutter from your house. While organizing and potentially utilizing offsite storage can take time and patience, it’s well worth your effort to clean up your space. Plus, this helps with selling your house since a neat and tidy living space appeals to the greatest number of people.
- Stage Your Furniture: Although there is a common belief that pushing furniture against the walls makes rooms appear larger, this isn’t the case. Instead, position furniture so that it is floating away from the walls and in places where the traffic flow in a room is obvious. Effective staging can sometimes call for the purchase of new decorations or pieces of furniture, so limit your money spent by focusing on the rooms that will be most important to viewers. Generally speaking, the kitchen, living room and master bedroom are the top priorities for potential buyers.
- Aim for a Light Look: A sophisticated, soft color palette for the walls and furniture makes your house look more pulled together and ready for new homeowners. And by opening windows and updating light fixtures, your house will appear brighter and more appealing.
- Finish Projects: A wobbly doorknob or scratch on the hardwood floor may be easily ignored by you, but a potential buyer may question their decision on something seemingly insignificant that can be easily fixed. Making even the most minor repairs can improve the selling potential of your house significantly.
Move Ahead with Crestwood Manor
At Crestwood Manor, we offer the Move Ahead program. This offering means no worries during the moving process, as we’ll be with you every step of the way. We offer a variety of services to simplify your move and ensure a smooth transition to our senior living community, including home staging, sorting and decluttering your belongings, packing and moving, hosting an estate sale and more. Contact us today to learn more and schedule your personal tour.