What Are the Advantages of Living in a Senior Living Community?
Retirement is an exciting stage in your life. You have more time to go out and explore the world, or to simply relax and enjoy each day as it comes. And there’s no better way to enjoy life to the fullest extent than by choosing to move to a senior living community.
Maybe you’re well-aware of senior living communities in your area, like Springpoint Life Plan Communities (also known as continuing care retirement communities), but you aren’t sure what they really offer. Senior living communities combine an independent lifestyle, hospitality and access to all levels of healthcare all in one convenient location.
Making the move to a senior living community is an exciting choice to make, but you may be wondering – what are the benefits of making this move?
10 Benefits of Senior Living
- Enriching Opportunities to Improve Your Overall Health & WellnessSenior living communities offer amenities and services, such as fitness centers and activities programs, to help improve your overall health and wellness. By taking part in these activities, you’re able to work on the seven dimensions of wellness while staying happy, healthy and engaged.
- No More Home MaintenanceMaintenance-free living means that you leave the tasks like home repairs, yardwork, snow shoveling and weekly housekeeping to friendly staff always willing to lend a hand when you need it. With less time spent worrying about home maintenance, you’ll have more time to spend with friends and family.
- A Secure Financial FutureWe recognize that each person’s financial situation and goals are different, which is why we offer several plan options when it comes to financing your retirement. Plus, our all-inclusive pricing at a senior living community covers all your maintenance, housekeeping, utility and property tax costs and a multitude of unique conveniences and services, so everything you need will be covered in one convenient monthly check.
- Decreased Risk of Social IsolationWhat better way to stay socially connected than to live in a community surrounded by your peers? With a variety of activities and amenities for you to spend your days with, you’ll have ample opportunities to spend time with neighbors who become close friends.
- Eased Concerns of Family MembersIt’s common for adult children to become the primary caregivers for aging parents in their later years. By moving to a senior living community with access to a comprehensive continuum of care, you’ll help to ease the worries your children may have about your healthcare needs down the road.
- Access to Quality Healthcare OfferingsMoving to a Life Plan Community offers the care you need in order to thrive and reach the highest level of independence possible. The range of services levels include independent living, assisted living, rehabilitation, skilled nursing and memory care services.
- Boosted IndependenceSome people worry that moving to a senior living community will take away their independence — but that couldn’t be further from the truth! You’ll still decide how to spend your days, what activities you want to participate in, what you’ll choose to have for dinner and how you’ll personalize your own living space.
- Access to a Wide Variety of Services and AmenitiesThink of the broader community as an extension of your personal living space. Senior living communities offer a variety of amenities including restaurant-style dining, fitness center, walking paths, art studios and more.
- Increased Safety and Security MeasuresAt Crestwood Manor, you can rest easy knowing that our senior management team has years of operational experience in crisis management, we share safety and security best practices among our Springpoint communities, and we have the purchasing power to attain whatever supplies are needed.
- An Opportunity to Make a New HomeWhen it comes down to it, you are choosing a new home when you choose a senior living community. This is the place where you can feel comfortable, relax and be your truest self.
Discover the Best Community Living for Seniors at Crestwood Manor
More and more often, seniors are recognizing the many benefits of moving to Crestwood Manor. Don’t just take our word for it, though. Come see for yourself! We invite you to contact us today to schedule your personal tour (either virtual or in-person). While on your tour, we’re happy to answer any questions you may have and discuss our contract options available that will best suit your needs.
Want to learn more about the benefits of senior living? We invite you to download our FREE guide 10 Benefits of Senior Living at Springpoint!