Healthy Aging | 09/27/19
Wellness is, “the quality or state of being in good health, especially as an actively sought goal.” This definition highlights the importance of what wellness truly is – a journey, not a destination.
At Crestwood Manor, we offer a holistic wellness program that helps to guide you on your journey. LivWell, our award-winning program, consists of activities and opportunities for you to live a healthy lifestyle. This approach ensures all seven dimensions of wellness are addressed: physical, intellectual, emotional, social, environmental, spiritual and vocational. Keep reading to learn more about each of the seven dimensions of wellness and activities you can participate in right in our community.
1. Physical Wellness: Keeping physically fit is essential to wellbeing and healthy aging. Our physical fitness impacts overall health of both body and mind.
In our community, you can take part in activities like swimming laps in the pool, pickleball and our Stand Tall, Don’t Fall exercise program.
2. Intellectual Wellness: Cognitive decline is not inevitable. Keeping your mind sharp and active promotes brain health.
In our community, you can take part in activities like cards and games or guest lecture opportunities.
3. Emotional Wellness: Finding ways to lift your mood helps you learn how to keep a positive outlook, reduce stress and increase optimism and emotional wellbeing.
In our community, you can take part in activities like support groups and guided meditation.
4. Social Wellness: As social beings, staying connected to your community is important for both physical and mental health.
In our community, you can take part in activities like happy hours, day trips to area attractions and special events.
5. Environmental Wellness: Connecting to the natural beauty that surrounds us helps to center ourselves and come to a deeper appreciation of our environment.
In our community, you can take part in activities like taking a stroll on our walking trails and recycling.
6. Spiritual Wellness: Exploring your beliefs allows you to discover what values are important to you and helps you find a sense of purpose.
In our community, you can take part in activities like vespers and devotion.
7. Vocational Wellness: You know what they say: you get wiser with age. Sharing the insights and talents you’ve acquired throughout your life with others gives you the chance to give back to your community.
In our community, you can take part in activities like volunteer opportunities.
In order to personalize your wellness experience, our LivWell program is based entirely on choice. During the new resident orientation, you’re invited to create a unique profile that highlights your goals and interests. This way, you’ll have an individualized plan with an emphasis on how you want to make noticeable improvements in each of the seven dimensions of wellness.
Wellness is engrained in everything we do at Crestwood Manor. Resident Karen Bokert and her husband have enjoyed participating is various activities, sharing, “We’ve lived well for many years, watching our diet and exercising; we also meditate together.” Come see for yourself – contact us today to learn more and schedule a personal tour.